I just received Young Living Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash in my November Essential Rewards order. After seeing the reviews, I was really excited to try this product! It is a great alternative to conventional mouthwash, because it is 100% natural and made with 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils. PLUS, it is alcohol-free! This is the mouthwash you want to support healthy teeth and gums!
Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash contains these Essential Oils –
- Peppermint – freshens breath, plays a role in improving taste and is soothing
- Clove – used in the dental industry to numb the gums
- Spearmint – a powerful and rich antioxidant
- Lemon – consists of 68% dlimonene which is a powerful antioxidant and is very purifying and refreshing
- Cinnamon – has a strong ability to improve wellness and promote health and is soothing to the gums and teeth
- Vetiver – contains calming and stabilizing properties
- Rosemary – has a slightly medicinal aroma and can enhance flavor
How to use Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash?
- Brush your teeth as you normally would (I highly recommend AromaBright Toothpaste – made with 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils that helps support healthy gums, strong teeth and a confident smile)
- Rinse mouth with one tablespoon or capful of the mouthwash for 30-60 seconds or as needed.
- Keep stored at room temperature.
My Personal Tips
- Some people think the taste is great, but can be overpowering at first to some, however, it’s easy to get used to it. Do not give up after one use!
- If the taste of your first capful is too strong for you, fill the cap with half mouthwash and half water.
- Another great idea is to pre-mix your mouthwash in a 16 oz. or larger bottle. My recommendation is to do 8 oz. of mouthwash and 8 oz. of water. This makes it more convenient and allows you to get more use from your bottle.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to eat or drink anything after using or you may still notice the taste.
- Not only is it an effective mouthwash, but it is equally effective poured on your toothbrush and brushed in a circular motion on your teeth and gums.
- It may help to alleviate tooth sensitivity.
- Great for gargling during the fall and winter months!
*Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read full disclaimer here.