If you follow me on instagram @thesavvyoiler, you may have seen my “flipagram,” video where I showed how to make your own yoga mat spray with Young Living Essential Oils. It is really easy and actually fun to do! I love making my own everyday household cleaning products, because I know what is going in them. This spray is ALL-NATURAL and CHEMICAL-FREE! You will also find making your own will save you LOTS of money!
For more information on cleaning with Young Living Essential Oils, check out my post, “Spring Cleaning with Essential Oils.” For more information on how you can SAVE money with Young Living Essential Oils, check out my post, “How to SAVE Money with Essential Oils.”
What you need –
- 1 2 oz. spray bottle – I always suggest using dark glass bottles. Plastic bottles can sometimes leach chemicals, especially if you’re using citrus oils. Also, dark bottles are preferred, because they help protect the essential oil.
- 1 funnel – I only had a plastic one to use for this recipe, but I only used it for adding the distilled water.
- Witch Hazel
- Melaleuca Alternifolia also known as Tea Tree essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- 1 Small towel
Why Melaleuca (Tea Tree) oil?
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) oil is a very powerful essential oil known for promoting cleansing and purity.* It can be found in many of Young Living’s beauty products, because of its refreshing properties.* It is a very gentle oil, even for sensitive skin.
Why Lavender oil?
Lavender oil has a sweet floral aroma which makes it a wonderful addition to many cleaning recipes. Lavender being one of the most versatile and gentle of the essential oils can also be used for cleaning and purifying.*
How to Make Yoga Mat Spray
- Using a glass spray bottle and funnel, fill the spray bottle 3/4 of the way with distilled water
- Fill the remaining bottle with Witch Hazel leaving a little room
- Add 15 drops of Melaleuca (Tea Tree) oil to the spray bottle very carefully or with a glass dropper
- Add 10 drops of Lavender oil to the spray bottle very carefully or with a glass dropper
- Attach the sprayer back onto the bottle and shake well and gently
- Spray yoga mat thoroughly
- Wipe down with a small towel
- Enjoy your clean yoga mat and its lovely aroma!
Interested in learning more?
Are you interested in learning more about Young Living Essential Oils? Send me an email and I will respond back from our team’s Oil Moxie website with more thorough and helpful information! I look forward to hearing from you!
*Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read full disclaimer here.