One of the best things you can do before the start of the new school year is to invest in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. I wish my family had essential oils when my kids were babies, but I am SO glad that we have them when they begin school. Besides the typical back to school essentials, don’t forget your Young Living Essential Oils!
Why the Premium Starter Kit?
The Premium Starter Kit includes 11 essential oils. 10 of these oils are considered “Everyday Oils” because of their versatility for daily use. They are some of the most popular and best-selling oils. They are the oils my family uses everyday. Check out my order oils page for more information on the Premium Starter Kit.
*Always read your bottle labels, check out Young Living’s Web site for more information or contact member services for specific instructions. If you are pregnant, nursing or under a Doctor’s care, speak with a Doctor first. For children, make sure they are of appropriate age and are supervised by an adult when using these products. Always remember for children – DILUTE, DILUTE, DILUTE.
Oh, how I love Stress Away! It is the first product to contain the unique combination of Lime and Vanilla pure therapeutic-grade essential oils.* It also includes Copaiba and Lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.* It was created to combat normal everyday stress that may creep up into daily life.* Click on My Morning Routine with Essential Oils to see one way I use Stress-Away daily.
Back to School with Stress Away
- Attach an AromaGlide Roller Fitment and roll the oil generously on the wrists and the back of the neck for the first day of school jitters or before an exam.
- Diffuse 4-6 drops in a diffuser in the morning before school.
- Apply 1-2 drops to a diffuser necklace or bracelet before school and enjoy the relaxing aroma benefits all day. Check out my Etsy Shop for diffuser necklaces.
This sweet, refreshing scent instantly deodorizes and neutralizes the air with it’s unique blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree and Myrtle essential oils.* It also supports healthy looking skin and allows you to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.*
Back to School with Purification
- Diffuse 4-6 drops after school when the kids come home smelling like they have been playing all day.
- Add 1-2 drops onto 2 cotton balls and place them inside stinky shoes.
- Put 3-4 drops onto wool dryer balls and throw them in the dryer with clean school clothes.
- Mix a few drops with a daily moisturizer to improve the appearance of healthy looking skin.
- Before an outdoor field trip, make a mixture of Purification, distilled water and witch hazel into a 2 oz. glass spray bottle and spray all over body to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
- Massage 1-2 drops onto the armpits for a natural deodorant.
- Diffuse 4 drops of Purification with 4 drops of Thieves a few days per week for the ultimate healthy immune support.
Lavender, the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils. Everyone needs and can use Lavender! It is popular for its calming, soothing fragrance, which can add a fresh scent to any room.* It also makes for a relaxing addition to bathwater and can compliment many skin care products, body washes and/or shampoos.*
Back to School with Lavender
- Diffuse 4-6 drops before bedtime to help calm the mind and body for restful sleep.
- Add 4-6 drops to 1 cup of Epsom salts and pour mixture into warm running bath water to help wind-down after a long day.
- In a 4 oz. glass spray bottle, add 15-20 drops of Lavender with a pinch of Epsom salts and distilled water and then spray mixture every night on bed linens for sound sleep. Click on DIY Lavender Linen Spray for more information.
- Put 3-4 drops on wool dryer balls for a natural fabric softener and a lovely calming scent.
- Mix a few drops with a daily moisturizer for smooth healthy-looking skin.
- During season changes, add 1-2 drops to a q-tip and rub it to the insides of the nostrils.
R.C. is an invigorating blend of Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Myrtle, Spruce, Peppermint, Pine, Lavender, Marjoram and Cypress.* It creates a cooling and comforting spa-like experience when massaged with a carrier oil onto the skin.* It also may provide support for a healthy respiratory system.*
Back to School with R.C.
- Diffuse 4-6 drops to breathe freely and comfortably.
- Massage a few drops with a carrier oil onto the chest and feet after physical activity to uplift and inspire.
Thieves is a powerful one-of-a-kind blend of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Rosemary and Eucalyptus Radiata.* It’s main purpose is to support healthy immune and respiratory function and it contributes to overall wellness.* This is a back-to-school favorite and a must-have to use daily!
Back to School with Thieves
- Add 1 drop with 4 drops of a carrier oil to a vegetable capsule and take once daily.
- During the fall and winter months, make “Thieves Tea” with 1 mug of hot water, 1 drop of Thieves, 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil and add honey for taste. Click on Thieves Tea for Immune System Support for more information.
- Invest in all of the Young Living’s Thieves products to support healthy bodies all year long! They are: Thieves toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, hand soap, bar soap, hand purifier, household cleaner, wipes, laundry soap, dish soap, fruit and veggie cleaner, lozenges and mints!
Lemon contains the naturally occurring constituent limonene which is a key component in many Young Living products, because it may help to support a healthy immune system.* It is known to energize and cleanse the body too. It also may support a healthy circulatory system. Many people like to enhance the flavor of beverages and foods with Lemon essential oil.
Back to School with Lemon
- Put 2 drops into a vegetable capsule and take 3 times daily or as needed.
- Use to make “Thieves Tea.” (See Thieves above)
- Add 1 drop to the morning glass of water for a refreshing and energizing healthy drink.
- Make Strawberry Lemonade for the kid’s lunchbox! Add 2 cups of strawberries with 4 cups of water, 1 juiced lemon, 5 drops of Lemon essential oil and honey for taste.
Frankincense contains the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene which is a key ingredient in many of Young Living’s blends.* It has a warm and woodsy aroma that helps the body relax, feel grounded and balanced.* It can also help the appearance of healthy skin and it feels great massaged onto the body after physical activity.*
Back to School with Frankincense
- Before school, add 1-2 drops to a diffuser necklace or bracelet to ease occasional stress throughout the day. (My favorite!)
- Diffuse 4-6 drops in a home diffuser during homework time to increase attention and concentration.
- Inhale Frankincense from the bottle after lunchtime to help refocus and regroup.
- Massage a few drops with a carrier oil to the bottoms of the feet to alleviate nervous energy.
- Add a few drops to a daily moisturizer for supporting healthy skin.
PanAway is a stimulating blend of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint essential oils and the naturally occurring constituents methyl salicylate, gamma-curcumene, menthol and eugenol.* It is the ideal oil to apply after exercise or any other physical activity.* It creates a soothing, cooling sensation to help relax a tired body.*
Back to School with PanAway
- Apply a few drops with a carrier oil to an area of need after sports, exercise or physical activity.
DiGize is a Young Living exclusive blend of Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli and Juniper essential oils and it contains the naturally occurring constituents menthol, citrol, and zingiberen.* DiGize can be taken with meals to support a daily wellness regimen.* It compliments the Young Living nutritional supplements while supporting a healthy digestive system.*
Back to School with DiGize
- Put 1 drop in a morning glass of milk or juice to help ease everyday stomach butterflies.
- Add 1-2 drops with a carrier oil to a vegetable capsule and take once daily for digestive system support.
- Put 1 drop under the tongue after eating cafeteria lunch food!
Copaiba is a single oil that promotes overall wellness and may be an important part of a daily health regimen.* This oil includes the naturally occurring constituents beta-caryophyllene and alpha-humulene.*
Back to School with Copaiba
- Mix 1 drop with honey and hot tea to support overall wellness.
- Add 1-2 drops to a vegetable capsule to magnify the properties of another Young Living Essential Oil.
Peppermint is a favorite for many! It is a very powerful essential oil which may help support normal gastrointestinal function and the body after exercise or other physical activity.* According to Young Living, “Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort.”*
Back to School with Peppermint
- Add a drop to a morning glass of water or tea to help wake up on those early school mornings.
- Put a drop under the tongue after meals for supporting healthy digestion.
- Put a drop on the tongue to freshen breath between meals.
- Add 1-2 drops with a carrier oil to a vegetable capsule daily to promote healthy digestive function.
Beyond the Premium Starter Kit –
Once you have a Premium Starter Kit, I would also highly recommend these items when the kids go back to school:
- Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier – It contains powerful essential oils and moisturizing emollients to clean and purify hands.* Perfect for the backpack or lunchbox!
- KidScents GeneYus Essential Oil – Add a few drops to diffuser jewelry to increase focus and concentration throughout the school day.* KidScents oils are formulated and pre-diluted specifically for kids!
- KidScents SleepyIze Essential Oil – Before bedtime massage to the bottom of the feet for a peaceful nights rest.*
- KidScents MightyVites Chewable Tablets – The “multivitamin” every kid needs daily! It contains super-fruits, plants and vegetables that deliver the full-spectrum of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients for children’s developing bodies.*
Just to name a FEW!!
Are you ready for the new school year?
Let me know how I can help you. Feel free to contact me at any time and I will do my best to reply as soon as possible. Young Living has created a whole new way for us to live or should I just say, it’s been there all along, they just make it easier for us. I love knowing my family is using 100% pure, natural products to help us live healthy and well lives! Come join us!
Thank you for checking out my post!
*Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read full disclaimer here.