Well, it’s that time of year again! Summer is almost coming to a close and school is back in session! Some of your kiddos might have already started. I have a few friends whose kids went back in late July. When I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed, I saw first day of school pictures and couldn’t believe it! July seems really early! My son will start in September, so we have a little more time to plan and prepare for the new school year. If you are a parent with a child in school already, it is not too late to prepare with your Young Living essential oils!
What is on your back to school supply list?
Of course we buy the typical necessities, such as a backpack, lunch bag/box, folder, pencils, crayons, glue, etc. BUT, the most important absolute necessity we are planning for is having our Young Living essential oils stocked up and ready to go! Especially for those fall and winter months! We are very excited and grateful to have Young Living for this new school year!
What is on our essential oil supply list?
The oils we KNOW we will be using are in this post, but it is definitely not limited to just these. The ones in this post are my TOP FAVORITE oils for the new school year AND as luck would have it, they are also included in the Premium Starter Kit!
Lavender is considered the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils, because you can literally almost use it for everything! Young Living states, “no home should be without it.” We carry this oil on us at all times. It is the most gentle of the essential oils and it can be used on just about everyone – including pets!
Here’s why Lavender should be included in your back to school supply list –
- Supports a healhty immune system
- Skin support
- Calming (especially for those first day of school jitters)
- Sleeplessness (great mixed with epsom salt in nighttime baths, diffused in the bedroom or even rubbed on your child’s pillow)
Joy is a newer addition to the Premium Starter Kit. I personally am so thankful for this oil everyday. I wear it as my perfume and we diffuse it regularly on those mornings or days where you need a great pick-me-up or mood uplifter.
Joy is an oil blend made with Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lemon, Coriander, Tangerine, Jasmine, Roman chamomile, Palmarosa and Rose 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils.
Here is why we want Joy on our back to school list –
- Relax the mind and body (diffused or massaged on vita-flex points)
- Uplift spirits and moods (great for those mornings when the kids are crabby and when mom is running around crazy trying to get them ready and out the door on time)
If you only get one oil this back to school season, THIEVES is the oil to buy! It is a must-have for every home! We use it daily, especially during the school season. Thieves was specifically designed for supporting a healthy immune system. It is made with Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus radiata and Rosemary 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils.
Since Thieves is so great, Young Living offers many products made with Thieves essential oil. There is a Thieves household cleaner, spray, wipes, lozenges, toothpaste, mouthwash and a hand purifier (or sanitizer). As you can see in the graphic, we include Thieves hand purifier in our back to school supplies. You can keep one in your child’s backpack and/or lunchbox.
Here are more specific reasons why Thieves is a must-have for back to school –
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Maintains a healthy respiratory system
Peace & Calming
Oh, what doesn’t my family LOVE about this oil? You can read more about why we LOVE it on my blog post, Peace & Calming Essential Oil.
The name itself can pretty much sum up what Peace & Calming can do. It is an oil primarily used for relaxation. It is a blend of Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli and Blue Tansy 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils.
These are the reasons why Peace & Calming must be included in our back to school supply –
- Can be diffused or used topically to relieve tension (we like to massage it to the bottom of the kids feet)
So, this is my family’s back to school supply list! Like I said, these are the must-haves for us, but it is not limited to just these. We find a use for many of the Young Living essential oils, especially the ones included in the Premium Starter Kit! The oils in the kit are called “everyday oils” for a reason. Since these oils are popular for back to school, make sure you get yours as soon as possible! I stocked ours up this summer!
As always, please feel free to contact me at anytime with questions. I would be happy to help!
Blessings to the new school year!
1. Essential Oils Desk Reference compiled by Life Science Publishing
2. Young Living 2013 Product Guide
3. Young Living Product Information Page*Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read full disclaimer here.